What does DV100 support?
DV100 is a fundraiser for the Drayton Valley Community Foundation. The Drayton Valley Community Foundation is celebrated 25 years giving back to the community in 2019. Individual and corporate endowment funds are created where the principle is never spent but the investment income is granted out to community groups and organizations. Grants are given to all aspects of the community including Arts & Culture, Education, Sport & Recreation and Scholarships. Since 2016 the Community Foundation granted over $750,000 to Drayton Valley and the surrounding area.
To learn more about the Drayton Valley Community Foundation go to dvcf.org
What are your different routes?
- 100KM Team Challenge
How much does it cost to enter?
If you register before January 1, 2021 you will save $20.00. Only 50 Registrations available at the discounted rate.
Depending on when you register you will pay different amounts, prices go up after May 31 and August 15 for individual riders:
- 20KM Before may 31 $60, before august 15 $80 and before September 7- $90
- 40KM is before may 31 $90, before august 15 $110, and before September 7-$120
- 100KM Before May 31 $100, May 31-August 15 $120, after August 15- $130
- 160KM Now-May 31 $120, May 31-August 15 $130, after August 15- $140
- 100KM Team Challenge Before August 15- $880, after August 15- $930
What do you get when you enter?
- DV100 finisher prize
- DV100 swag
- A chicken wrap or pulled pork sandwich after your ride
- A very well organized event: 170+ volunteers, support vehicles, aid stations and mobile mechanics
- A beautiful ride amongst the beauty in Brazeau and Parkland County’s
What are the prizes?
- Each category has a prize money, the 100KM event is our most popular and pays out over $10,000
- In total, we are paying out over $24,000
- $1000 to male and female if 100KM course record is broken
- All registered riders and volunteers are eligible to win a 2020 Rav 4 by filling out an entry ballot and answering a skill-testing question
- Cyclers must be present at the awards ceremony, which takes place around 2:00 to win prize money, DV100 will not send prize money out after the event
How many years has this been going on?
- 2021 would have been our 10th year but due to the cancellation for our 2020 race, 2021 will be our 9th year
- When we started in 2012 we only had about 40 riders and this year we are aiming for 300!
What is the route terrain like?
- The route is rolling terrain, there is a large hill between Lodgepole and Cynthia that has an elevation increase of approx. 140m or 500 ft. the hill goes on approx. 12KM
- There are rest stops all along the routes that have washrooms available
- Several trucks patrol along the routes in the event a cycler needs help, or would like a ride back to the start/finish area
- Over 120 volunteers are along the route to direct cyclers as well as KM markers along the route
What is the start time?
- For the 100 & 40 and 20KM routes it is a mass start at 9:00am.
- We encourage all racers to go to the front and riders line up behind them
- For the 160KM the start time is set for 8:00am
Is there an end time?
Is this a race or a ride?
- It is both!
- We give away over $24,000 in prize money for racers, which consist of about 10-15% of the cyclers, the remaining 85-90% are riders who come out for a beautiful ride and well organized event
- We have tons of participant prizes that are handed out at the end of our event, including cash prizes, and cycling gear
Are Tri Bikes allowed?
- Tri bikes are allowed in our event
- In the 40KM and 100KM tri bikes are allowed, but the cycler is not eligible for prize money nor are they allowed to draft
- Bikes with aero bars and/or disc wheels are not allowed to draft
- In the 160KM road bikes and tri bikes are eligible for prize money. Tri bike riders are not allowed to draft, if a rider is caught drafting there will be a 5 Minute penalty imposed on their time.
How old do I need to be to register?
- Riders need to be 14+ to ride the 20KM and 16+ to ride the 40KM, 100KM and 160KM. You can register at 13/15 years of age as long as you will be 14/16 years of age by race day.
Are there things to do for people who are not cycling during the event?
- We have beer gardens set up on site for those who would like a refreshing beverage during or after the event
- Vendor tents are set up on site as well as a food truck
- Most riders are back by 1:00 or 2:00 and then awards are handed out after that
What about the DV100 Wrap Up Party?
- DV100 Wrap Up Party takes place after the DV100 event, it is at the same location just moved inside to the Mackenzie Conference Center
- Live Music, starting at 8:00
- Tickets are $50 and includes supper and live music
- Door open at 5:30, supper is at 6:15 and the live band starts at 8:00
- Last year DV100 Wrap Up Party was completely sold out, so don’t wait to get your tickets!
Are refunds available for riders who cannot make DV100 but have already registered?
Once registered there is no refund for entry fees associated with the race. While every effort will be taken to hold our event, if for some reason the event is canceled due to no fault of the organizing club, the participant will receive 50% of the race fees. These circumstances may include but not limited to lightning, snow, hail, wildlife closure, and other acts of nature.
can i change my mind about the event that i am entered in?
Once registered there will be an opportunity to change the route length or move participants to or from the team event. There will be a $20 fee will be charged for the amendment and is chargeable to each modification. Your request must be requested at least 48 hours prior to the race.
What are your covid-19 protocols?
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms leading up the race, we ask that you do not attend the event. The same refund policy applies to COVID-19 symptoms as noted above.
rav4 gIVEAWAY RULES
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Contest opens: Tuesday, September 7th 2021 and Closes: Saturday, September 11th
2. Approximate prize value: $32,000.00
3. Eligibility: No purchase necessary. Must be over the age of majority (18). You are not eligible to enter or win if you are an employee, officer, director of The Drayton Valley Community Foundation or The DV100 Committee (“Sponsor”), or a member of the immediate family (defined as parent sibling, children and/or spouse, regardless of where they live) or domiciled with (whether related or not) any such person. The provincial liquor and gaming agencies are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this contest.
4. How to Enter: Hand print the required information on the ballot and deposit it in the ballot box provided (entries must be legible) during the contest period. Limit of one entry per person in this contest. The selected entrant(s) will be selected by random draw(s) from all ballots received. Chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Before being declared a winner, selected entrant(s) must have correctly answered, without assistance of any kind, the mathematical skill testing question included on the ballot. If the answer to the mathematical skill testing question is incorrect or the selected entrant is not otherwise eligible to win the prize, the selected entrant will not be declared the winner and another entrant will be selected by random draw. Selected entrant(s) will be contacted by phone or by mail within 2 weeks of the draw. Prize(s) must be claimed within 2 weeks of being contacted or the prize(s) may be forfeited. Upon taking receipt of the prize, the recipient must provide to the Sponsor adequate proof of insurance and registration by its applicable issuing jurisdiction. The recipient further agrees to maintain the attached advertisement wrap for one year and return to the DV100 event in 2022 to allow the Sponsor to properly professionally the above noted advertisement wrap. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final.
5. Miscellaneous: This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Sponsor reserves the night to cancel or modify this contest at any time for any reason. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted and is nonredeemable for cash or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for a prize of similar value. By entering, I acknowledge that Sponsor and any owner of intellectual property associated wit this contest or any of its affiliates have not offered any warranty or guarantee respecting any prize and have disclaimed any implied warranties. By entering, I release Sponsor, any owner of intellectual properly associated with this contest, the provincial liquor and gaming agencies and authorities, the parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities of each of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns from any loss, damage, liability or claims suffered as result of or arising from my participation in this contest or the use of a prize. If declared a winner, I consent to the use of my name, address and/ or photograph without any further remuneration in connection with any publicity carried out by the Sponsor related to this contest I acknowledge that I maybe required to sign a Declaration and Release Form provided by Sponsor prior to being awarded a print.